In order to offer our students the most flexibility in planning their class schedule 澳门网投官方官网首页 provides the option of taking classes online. 有四种选择:
完全在线(ONLN), Hybrid (HYBR), Online with Campus Requirement (OLCR) and Live Remote Online (LRON). 它们描述如下.
Your phone should NOT be your primary resource for accessing your classes. It will be difficult to complete all of the work required of you on your phone.
NCC uses the Course Management System called Blackboard Learn. These classes allow students to complete the requirements for a specific course when it is convenient for them, 他们是否选择在凌晨4点工作, 下午1点或10点. 所有的沟通、作业、测试等. 发生在互联网上. While you DO NOT have to attend “class” at a specific time, you DO need to have strong time management and organizational skills to meet all due dates. 在线课程并不容易，只是更方便.
In addition to online courses NCC offers courses that are called HYBRID and coded as HYBR. Hybrid courses are taught partially in a classroom and partially online in Blackboard. The days/dates you are required to attend class on campus will vary with each course so when taking a hybrid course make sure to check with your professor about on-campus meetings.
混合课程可以两全其美. You get to meet face-to-face with your instructor and your classmates, but much of the course work can be completed online at a time that is convenient for you to meet the posted due dates.
We also have classes called “Online with Campus Requirement.“它们是编码的。 OLCR. These courses are “online with a campus requirement” that generally means you must come on campus to take the midterm, 最后一个还是两个都有. Again, you will need to check with the instructor for the exact requirements.
此外，我们还编写了类 LRON 代表“远程直播和在线”.” Think of this as a Hybrid class that meets in an online format for class times. So, if you take an LRON class it might say in the schedule that you will meet Monday and Wednesday from 10:00 -11:20 am. This means that you will meet via an online communication tool such as WebEx, 微软团队, 或者Blackboard协作. You will be required to be available to meet at whatever time is noted in the schedule via whatever tool the instructor chooses to use to meet remotely.
Tips & 网上成功的秘诀
- Understand that online courses are NOT easier than classroom-based courses. In fact, they can be more difficult and more time consuming.
- Contact the instructor immediately if you do not understand any of the materials or are having technical difficulties.
- 练习时间管理. Set aside specific hours during the week to work on class assignments, 讨论的帖子, exams, etc.
- 每周至少登录5-6次课程. 在网络课堂上很容易落后.
- Make sure your computer skills are up to the task of taking an online course.
Each semester NCC offers a number of one-hour orientations that show students who have never taken an online class using Blackboard Learn the basic elements of the system. The orientations focus on how to navigate around the Blackboard site; how to upload files for homework assignments and email or discussion attachments; what the various tools in Blackboard look like and how they are used. THERE WILL BE NO ON-CAMPUS ORIENTATIONS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. 如果您有任何问题，请联系Lois Aime.
If you can’t come to campus for the scheduled orientations you can click here to view some video tutorials or contact us at the email address or phone number shown above on the left. You can also find support resources when you log into Blackboard and click on the My Help/Training page at the top of the My Institution page (the page you land on when you log into Blackboard). In addition, students are enrolled in a Blackboard section called “Essential_Skills_for_Attending_Classes_Remotely.” It has videos and instructions for navigating and using the tools in Blackboard.
Free software you may need in order to access course materials.
- Microsoft Office 365 – Click on this link to learn how to download Office 365 for free through your NCC email
- Java – Microsoft Windows needs the Java Virtual Machine installed to run Java applets like Blackboard Chat and email.
- Google Chrome – Download Google Chrome for Windows, Android, iPhone, iPad
- Mozilla Firefox -只是你可以使用的另一个浏览器.
- 微软下载中心 -各种微软下载
- Adobe Reader – Allows viewing of documents in portable document format (PDF)
- JourneyEd.com provides the latest software for students to purchase at special academic discounts.