Emergency Funds for Students
Covid-19 has created significant hardships for many CT State Norwalk students. Financial and personal crisis brought on or enhanced by the pandemic can be very overwhelming and have huge impacts on academic success. CT State Norwalk is committed to supporting our students and in partnership with the NCC Foundation, have secured funding opportunities to assist students.
These funding sources are designed to provide temporary, one time, short term financial assistance for Currently enrolled CT State Norwalk students. Due to the sensitivity of each situation, all information shared by the student seeking emergency funding will be kept confidential. Information about the student or circumstances will only be shared with individuals who have a legitimate need to be informed. Emergency Funds are granted and do not require repayment. These funds cannot cover tuition, credit card debt, legal fees, car loan payments and mortgage payments. The Emergency Aid program is only available in the Fall and Spring semesters.
- The expense must be unexpected, unforeseen, and the urgent nature unavoidable.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at least half time and, in a degree, granting program.
- Applicants must complete all questions in full and submit supporting documentation.
- Applicants must meet for an interview, virtually or in person.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing
Students in need of emergency financial assistance may submit an application via the link below. The Dean of Students and the Emergency Fund Committee will review the applications within 14 days and determine the appropriate funding amount.
- The Dean of Students and the committee will review applications requesting an amount in excess of $500 for unique and unusual circumstances of emergency financial need. Applicants will be required to meet with an NCC staff member to discuss their application and provide supporting documentation.
- All Emergency Funding requests will be reviewed within 14 days of submission. You will be notified of the result via email.
- If additional information is needed, a staff member will contact you via email or by the telephone number you provide.
- Funds will be provided directly to the vendor for payment for certain request.
CT State Norwalk and the NCC Foundation is here to support you during this challenging time. If you have questions, please reach out to a firstname.lastname@example.org